linguex package in texlive-humanities don't work

Hi.

First, thank you all for your good work. :-)

I use the philex package[1] by Peter Pagin a lot.  It is not included
in any of the debian TeX packages.  It dependes on the linguex LaTeX
package which does happen to be in texlive-humanities.  After an
upgrade (I use debian unstable) philex stoped to work properly.  After
some investigation, I discovered that the problem was with linguex.  I
fetched linguex[2] from CTAN and it did work.  The diff program showed
me the file in my working directory and the one in
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/linguex are different.  The file
shipped with debian seem to be an older version.  In the new version
the author changed something about how parenthesis were handled which
was the problem I was having (the parenthesis not showing) with my
LaTeX documents.

The question is: Is there really a problem with this? Should I fill a
bug report? Should I have bothered you in the first place?

I think upgrading the debian package to include the new version will
solve the problem.  However, it seems that linguex was "downgraded"
(as it was working before) and there might be a reason for that.

Also, maybe the Debian TeX team would like to include philex on
texlive-humanities? Philosophers use it quite a lot.

P.S. Please DO cc me: I am not in the list.
--
[1]. http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/philex/
[2]. http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/linguex/linguex.sty