Re: Processed: reassign 565886 to texlive-binaries

On 20.01.10 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On Di, 19 Jan 2010, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

Hi,

> > How about adding a "Conflicts: libkpathsea4" to texlive-binaries to
> > make sure all programs using libkpathsea4 are gone, when
> > texlive-binaries builds the formats? These programs won't work
> > anyway.
>
> Well, if you do not install texlive-full they *will* work, it i
> about a second order allocation that is done wrong.  So as long as
> the font list is not ooooooo long it will work.

Could you get ptex (linked with libk4) running on a minimal TL2009
installation running? I thought it would be a general problem, which
has nothing to do with large font maps.

> >   Reverse Depends: dvi2dvi (>= 2.0alpha-9)
> >   Reverse Depends: dvi2ps (>= 4.1j-2)
> >   Reverse Depends: dvifb (>= 1:01.03-14)
> >   Reverse Depends: dvilx (>= 1:01.03-14)
> >   Reverse Depends: dvipsk-ja (>= 5.96+jp1.7a-3.1)
> >   Reverse Depends: dvisvga (>= 1:01.03-14)
>
> We should prepare NMUs for them and rebuild them against libk5

dvi2dvi and tmview (dvifb, dvilx, dvisvga) actualy give an FTBFS, so
the job is a little bit harder than just an bin-NMU.

H.
--
Nothing in progression can rest on its original plan.  We may as well think of
rocking a grown man in the cradle of an infant.  -- Edmund Burke