Takeover of ptex

Dear Kohda-san,

On Do, 14 Jan 2010, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> this kind of important bug so I intend to take over
> ptex-bin.

That are good news. In fact, it would be nice to do something
with ptex in general: Is there still develpoment going on
upstream? If no, we should collect the special properties of
ptex and propose them to luatex for inclusion.

I don't see why there should be the need for a special Japanese
TeX engine, it should be supported in all details by the default
(furture default) one.

JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
PITLOCHRY (n.)
The background gurgling noise heard in Wimby Bars caused by people
trying to get the last bubbles out of their milkshakes by slurping
loudly through their straws.