Re: texlive transition to testing

On 05.01.10 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On Di, 05 Jan 2010, Hilmar Preusse wrote:

Hi,

> > Tested your prepared NMU: works too.
>
> Thanks a lot. Ok I upload that one to DELAYED+7 or what is the
> current NMU for RC delayed queue?

Sorry, I'm not a DD.
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu says:

<snip>
Unless you have an excellent reason not to do so, you must then give
some time to the maintainer to react (for example, by uploading to
the DELAYED queue). Here are some recommended values to use for
delays:

    * Upload fixing only release-critical bugs older than 7 days: 2 days
    * Upload fixing only release-critical and important bugs: 5 days
    * Other NMUs: 10 days

Those delays are only examples. In some cases, such as uploads fixing
security issues, or fixes for trivial bugs that blocking a
transition, it is desirable that the fixed package reaches unstable
sooner.
<snap>

I'd vote for 2.

H.
--
/* we have tried to make this normal case as abnormal as possible */
		-- Larry Wall in cmd.c from the perl source code