Re: The horrible infinite-loop detected bug

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> I see the double definitions and I see where the come from: the
> update-fmtutil call still reads 10texlive-base-bin.cnf and writes the
> content to fmtutil.cnf, hence these double lines are in the
> fmtutil.cnf.

No, update-fmtutil isn't that dumb, that's me.  Those lines are
transferred from 10texlive-base-bin.cnf to 10texlive-base.cnf by code
that I wrote long ago.  They should only be transferred if they were
created by a maintainer, not the package. But I relied on bad
assumptions, and here we are.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg