Re: [tex-k] compile error of ptex with new libkpathsea 2009

On So, 20 Dez 2009, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
> I guess you're right: the source package uses a stripped version of
> teTeX 3.0 (using kpathsea4), reads the header files from this library
> but finally tries to link to the system-kpathsea5 lib. No wonder,
> that this fails....

Ok, so it be. Then ptex has to be fixed, but that is not of my doing.

> I guess we have to port ptex to kpathsea5 if this is even necessary.

*we*? in fact the best thing would be if we could incorporate the
changes in ptex into pdftex or luatex so that it can go away. The
original company -- afair -- does not develop it anymore, so it is
only a matter of time.

Another option for ptex would be to compile kpathsea statically as
the source code is probably included.

JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz smiled very slowly. This was done
not so much for effect as because he was trying to remember
the sequence of muscle movements.