Re: The horrible infinite-loop detected bug

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 01:36:54PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Ok, I have written some code that on upgrade of texlive-base in preinst
> removes the offending lines from 10texlive-base-bin.cnf by commenting
> them and gives a warning.
>
> Maybe at least someone can review the code, give his comments, or whatever.

It looks good to me. But since oldfile == newfile, wouldn't it make
sense to have a backup of oldfile before writing the tmpfile to newfile?

I couldn't reproduce this file (i.e. the lines the script is looking
for), so I didn't test it really. If it's true that after the lines in
question nothing important ever follows, the code looks usable to me.

Hauke