Re: Helping out with TL2009

"Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" <danai.saehan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been wanting to help out testing TL2009, but don't know where to
> start, as I have difficulty keeping up with the mailing list.  Testing
> randomly is maybe not the best solution for a large set of packages
> such as TL2009, and might cause duplicate work.
>
> Is there some overview which tests have already been done?

I think that most of the tests have already been done
*starting*from*clean* setups.  Starting from "real" setups, with a
couple of related or nobody-thought-they-would-be-related packages
installed and config files changed, is what has been hardly tested.

I think the best way to help would be to read bug reports that come in -
in particular when we upload to unstable - and help trying to find out
the culprit.

Maybe it makes sense to send a quick "I'll look into that" notice, so
that we won't duplicate work here.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg