Re: TL2009 testing anyone?

こんばんは 香田さん

On Do, 15 Okt 2009, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> On my system on VirtualBox with testing/squeeze, they
> worked fine.

Thanks for testing

> Especially, synctex feature worked fine with texworks.
> Thanks for your great work.

Yeah, thanks for packaging TeXworks. BTW: You might add a passage in
README.Debian that the synctex feature will not work unless one
is using TL2009 ;-)

> One question.  It seems luatex is splitted into
> luatex and texlive-luatex (am I right here?).

Yes.

> But simple upgrading only upgraded luatex but not
> installed texlive-luatex.

Ah ok. I will add a luatex recommends texlive-luatex.

The problem is that we need luatex binary for texlive-binaries, although
I am not sure if we really want that, it is only needed for texdoc
AFAIR.

There is no nice solution.

But with TL2009 the luatex and lualatex formats are not anymore part
of the luatex packages, but of texlvie-luatex. I want to reintegrate
them again, and make only updates to the binary luatex available.

> texlive-luatex depends on luatex but not vice versa

Both directions I don't want it.

> I'm sorry if this is silly question.

Definitely not silly. I am not overly happy as it is now, but I also
didn't want to split the luatex format stuff completely off the
texlive packages.

Best wishes

ノルベルト

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@debian.org
PEVENSEY (n. archaic)
The right to collect shingle from the king's foreshore.