Re: TL2009 testing anyone?

Hi Andreas,

On So, 11 Okt 2009, Andreas Hoenen wrote:
> as you ask for feedback: I may be not the typical tester, but I'm
> playing a little bit with your packages as I want to use polyglossia,

Thanks for testing!!!

> I had to build and install luatex manually in order to get texlive-xetex
> installed:

Yeah, there is no i386 package of luatex in my repository currently.

Can you send me your luatex_0.43.0-1_i386.deb so I can put it into the
repo and make it work out-of-the-box on i386, too?

Or Frank is building one.

> My first test case is a minimal XeTeX document:
>

> \documentclass{article}

Which is NOT a minimal XeTeX document. The minimal XeTeX document would be:
	Hello World
	\bye
and that works.

You are using latex based format ...

> - texlive-latex-base

Yes, because we need latex.

Still, I have added a dependency
	texlive-xetex -> texlive-latex-base

> - texlive-latex-recommended

That is not absolutely necessary. You can start xelatex and use it
without latex-recommended and ..

> - lmodern

wihtout lmopdern. That comes from your packages used.

I have add recommends on lmodern for texlive-xetex.

Thanks a lot

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@debian.org
HUBY (n.)
A half-erection large enough to be a publicly embarrassing bulge in
the trousers, not large enough to be of any use to anybody.