Re: SVN texlive (2009) commit: r4263 - texlive2009/trunk/texlive-bin/debian

On Mo, 05 Okt 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
> > third try in getting that f***ing dvipdfmx depend/conflic/replace right
>
> Just for info - do you now understand why you need to do it that way?

Yes. The problem is that:
	texlive-base provides dvipdfmx
	texlive-base replaces dvipdfmx
	texlive-base depends texlive-binaries

	texlive-binaries MUST replace dvipdfmx
			MUST NOT (!!!) conflict with dvipdfmx
because it would conflict with texlive-base and thus would be
uninstallable.

Frank: Your binaries for i386 are still from the old and do NOT contain
a replaces: dvipdfmx. Can you please rebuild from the sources that
are *now* on my webspace at people? Thanks.

I put them up in the meantime, but that should only be temporary
because one owuld need to dpkg --force-overwrite install texlive-binaries.

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@debian.org
YADDLETHORPE (vb.)
(Of offended pooves.) To exit huffily from a boutique.