TL 2009: Upgrade works! Future plans?

Hi,

I am glad to announce versions of texlive-2009 that can be

installed as complete texlive-full
upgraded from sid's texlive-full

Yes, really!

Before an upload to sid, what do you think we should do in addition?

Here's my list:

Must:

- Write decent changelog entries, get rid of all this 1~$whatever stuff

- Gather a list of bugs that are fixed by the new upstream version

Should/Could:

- Check whether our RC bug ("may not assume presence of dependencies in
  postrm remove") is fixed in tex-common, do that before building
  texlive2009

- tex-common's changelog entry for 2.01~1 sounds as if it is either
  wrong, or the change should be reconsidered.

- Wait for the release of TL 2009 and rebuild the tarballs

- Tidy up files in texmf.d/; this needs some consideration and
  discussion: Should we try to adopt upstream's changes except where
  they don't make sense on Debian? Or should we try to minimize the
  changes to comment text to make reading the diffs easier, if someone
  has local changes?

After that, I would

- wait for the bug reports that come in (although experimental isn't
  much tested, and it'll be in unstable that things are really
  challenged)

- Care for all those Debian-specific bugs.  In particular, I'd like to
  fix the libpaper issue.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg