Re: [TL 2009] moved file in texlive-formats-extra: Why?

> On Do, 17 Sep 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
>> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/texlive-latex-base_2009~svn14580-1~4_all.deb (--unpack):
>>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig/mllatex.ini', which is also in package texlive-formats-extra 0:2009~svn14580-1~1
>>
>> In Upstream TeXLive, it is only in package latexconfig, mltex only has
>> mltex.ini in texmf-dist/tex/mltex/config/mltex.ini
>>
>> Moreover, I couldn't find any mention of mllatex in tpm2deb.cfg. Any
>
> Isn't it blacklisted there at some place?

It was, in TL 2007:

# texlive-formats-extra cannot be configured with tetex, as mllatex.ini
# is in texlive-latex-base and NOT in texlive-formats-extra!!!
#   SOLUTION: move mllatex.ini to texlive-formats-extra (check on dep on
#     texlive-latex necessary!)
# this file is copied into texlive-extra/debian/texlive-formats-extra.root/...
blacklist;file;texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/mllatex.ini

> That was necessary for some reason to make sure that the format is
> build at the right time. I remember a changelog entry about that.

I couldn't find a changelog entry, but this one in CHANGES.packaging:

2006-05-06 NP
[...]
  * add mllatex.ini to texlive-formats-extra and blacklist it in
    texlive-latex-base

So that was in the very first upload of texlive-base to unstable, and
needed for tetex.

Anyway, this no longer applies now.  Is there an easy way to find out at
which time the blacklist line disappeared from tpm2deb.cfg?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg