Re: latex2man ?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello TeX maintainers,
>
> I am preparing a package that needs latex2man for building its documentation. I
> see that there is an old ITP bug that was abandonned:

> Do you know if there would be reasons for not packaging latex2man (the LaTeX
> license is DFSG-free, isn't it?).

I don't know any. I even find that is included in TeXLive (upstream),
and I currently fail to see why (in a technical sense) it isn't included
in the Debian packages. It should be in collection-binextra, hence in
texlive-extra-utils.

I'll look into it, would it be okay if the program is available in our
TL 2009 packages, due to be uploaded late this autumn (I hope)?  We
didn't intend to make any changes to TL 2007.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg