latex2man ?

Hello TeX maintainers,

I am preparing a package that needs latex2man for building its documentation. I
see that there is an old ITP bug that was abandonned:

Do you know if there would be reasons for not packaging latex2man (the LaTeX
license is DFSG-free, isn't it?).

Since I am a complete (La)TeX ignorant, I do not think that I could maintain
latex2man, but if I provided a draft package to the best quality I can, would
you be interested in?

One potential problem is that latex2man depends on itself to build its
documentation, but since it is an arch:all package, bootstrapping should not be
an issue…

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy