TL2009: A general problem with the upgrade

Hi,

while doing some tests with full-upgrade, I discovered this and that
file move which can easily be fixed with proper versioned
Replaces:. However, there seems to be a more general problem:

While the upgrade from an installation of "texlive" works now, the full
upgrade fails because a lot of new packages are trying to be unpacked
*before* texlive-base-bin and texlive-base-bin-doc are removed.
aptitude correctly decided to remove those two, but obviously it wants
to do so later, bevore configuring the others.

It seems I have forgotten my DD lessons - what would be the correct way
to force the removal of a package before an other one gets unpacked?
Note that texlive-binaries is always unpacked late (so late that dpkg
stops before that because of "too many errors").

Any ideas?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg