TL2009 development, upstream syncing?

Hi,

well, I cannot promise to do much work on the packages, and I won't save
the December freeze (if it happens after all the discussions, I don't
care much about it. Also won't make uploads of TL2007 for its RC bugs,
let the release team do that).

But still, I wonder how we should coordinate with upstream
development. It seems to me that the next step of Debian packaging would
be to work on the file conflicts, adding Replaces: for moved files.

Norbert, do you expect considerable changes of collection contents in
TL2009 in the next months? Does it therefore make sense to create new
upstream versions often? Or can we take the easy way and just work on
the current upstream tarballs, updating only after the upgrade from 2007
goes smoothly?

TIA, Frank
Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg