Re: TL2009 binary packages

Norbert Preining a écrit :
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Di, 07 Jul 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
>> As I said, I see two options: Either one texlive-binaries package, or
>> only splitting off texlive-binaries-xetex (with about half the size of
>> the complete one).
>
> Then I would opt for one package texlive-binaries ... nothing else.
>
> Any objections rather sooner than later?

The only question is whether it significantly changes the minimal
install size of a tex compiler. Because for all I know, either you want
the minimum to compile docbook, or you may as well install most of tex
(may be not all, but the size of the binaries won't matter at this
point). So unless splitting it allows to make a really smaller
installation for docbook, do not split it.

Disclaimer: IANADD, etc.

--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq