Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Do we have bugs against the info browsers already filed?

Not that I know.

> And from the time-line it would mean first to upload texinfo/i-i to
> unstable, and then file bugs against the info browsers.

Yes, although it should happen more or less at the same time in the ideal
case.

> For the upload to unstable, what do you suggest, currently the warning
> message from GNU install-info are not filtered out:
> 	$ update-info-dir
> 	install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/usr/share/info/python2.5-api.info.gz'
> 	$
> should they be filtered out or left there? I tend to leave it there.

I would leave it too, it's one more incentive to get the bugs fixed.

> I can do the bug filing, but I am not sure if I can prepare NMUs for all
> of them.

Hopefully maintainers will do it quickly, in any case I will try to help
if we have to NMU some of them.

> Anyway, the package I have prepared for upload to unstable is now
> available (signed) from
> 	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ texinfo/
> 	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ texinfo/
> If someone wants to take a look before I upload that would be fine.

Installed here, it seems to work as expected.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/