Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

On Mo, 08 Jun 2009, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/Transitions/DpkgToGnuInstallInfo
> >
> > So now we have to wait for all bugs mentioned above to be fixed.  Or do
> > we give us a percentage we want to reach first?
>
> No. We should go ahead right now. The bugs have a very low impact and
> should not block the rest of the transition. However the bugs against the
> info-browsers will have to be tracked more agressively, even offering NMUs
> to speed things up probably.

Do we have bugs against the info browsers already filed? I have filed
bugs for now only against texinfo documentation with missing dir
entries.

And from the time-line it would mean first to upload texinfo/i-i to
unstable, and then file bugs against the info browsers.

For the upload to unstable, what do you suggest, currently the warning
message from GNU install-info are not filtered out:
	$ update-info-dir
	install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/usr/share/info/python2.5-api.info.gz'
	$
should they be filtered out or left there? I tend to leave it there.

I can do the bug filing, but I am not sure if I can prepare NMUs for all
of them.

Anyway, the package I have prepared for upload to unstable is now
available (signed) from
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ texinfo/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ texinfo/
If someone wants to take a look before I upload that would be fine.

`You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace.
It's unpleasently like being drunk.'
`What's so unpleasent about being drunk?'
`You ask a glass of water.'
                 --- Arthur getting ready for his first jump into hyperspace.