Re: Processed: Critical problems on hppa and ia64 buildds

Hi Luk,

can we please get down to reality and try to fix the problem.

Frank posted a part from the policy and it seems that something is
severly broken with respect to the policy either on the two buildd, or
in dpkg, no idea what. But that tex-common is removed and purged before
depending packages are removed that is in conflict with the policy.

I will *not* care for this situation in tex-common, and until you prove
me wrong that tex-common is the culprit please stop things like:

On Di, 02 Jun 2009, Luk Claes wrote:
> buildd.debian.org is no trash can for bugs you cannot deal with.
>
> As the admin of the hppa and ia64 buildds has reported the bug, it's
> quite clear that what you are doing in the package is quite uncommon and
> probably not very error prone... and that it's probably no direct
> problem with the buildds involved.
>
> Buildds using unauthenticated packages is quite normal unfortunately as
> incoming has still no proper authentication.
>
> Getting tex-common in a broken state on the buildds is very probably a
> bug in your package and not one to rely on to break things further btw.
>
> Not amused.

that one. If you have interest in solving that please contribute
something useful, thanks.

SILESIA (n. medical)
The inability to remember, at the critical moment, which is the better
side of a boat to be seasick off.