Re: TL2009 start

On Fr, 22 Mai 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
> > - create somehow an .orig.tar.gz, shold be easy by copying Build/source
>
> s/tar.gz/tar.bz2/

??? Supported already?

> >   from texlive svn and removing all .svn directories
>
> There's no source.tar.bz2 yet, that's only generated with the release?
>
> Will copying Build/source lead to the same tree as extracting
> source.tar.bz2 from the release?

yes, at the time of the release, yes. I owuld say we put the unpacked
source.tar.bz2 into the .orig.tar.bz2, so we can start now by copying
the source dir removing the .svn stuff, now for testing.

> BTW if we can't use source.tar.bz2 from the release, we can as well
> create an orig.tar.lzma.

Ahh, you mean we do
	cp source.tar.bz2 texlive-bin_2009XXXX.orig.tar.bz2
and add only diff.gz. Good idea ... can be done later on.

Now we have to work on the packaging, the details how we do it can be
done later on.

> I think we should forget my changes, add the Breaks: and (hopefully) be
> done.

Can you do that please, remove the stuff you checked in but keep the
fixes, thanks.

(next week I will not be online daily, only now and then)

SCETHROG (n.)
One of those peculiar beards-without-moustaches worn by religious
Belgians and American scientists which help them look like trolls.