Re: Hyphenation in TL2008

>> - one or more source packages created "the traditional way", using
>>   texlive.tlpdb. Here the bin packages would contain all input and
>>   configuration files.
>
> Right, that is the idea.
>
> That way we would also get rid of the format problem stuff. Because
> formats would be created in the normal packages, and the binaries are
> already present in any case.

In the old days, we had the additional problem that formats need to be
recreated with new versions of the binaries. I'm not sure whether this
was always the case or only sometimes, and whether it is still true now
that pool files are gone (are they?).

But coult it might mean that we need to trigger format creation
e.g. after a patch to pdftex has been applied?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg