Re: Hyphenation in TL2008

> - First, for 2009 the way formats are treated is a bit different, they
>   are no longer in texmf/fmtutil/format.XXX.cnf, but defined directly
>   in the tlpdb (like with the hyphenation patterns).

I've seen that.

> - We are merging most bin-foobar and foobar packages into one foobar, so
>   it might be that we will actually binaries all over the place. Here
                                     ^have, right?

>   I think about using only the source.tar.gz for building pcakges
> 	texlive-bin-base
> 	texlive-bin-extra
> 	texlive-bin-foobar
>   and make the normal texlive packages depend on the respective ones.
>   Because if we continue like we do now *all* packages would end  up
>   in texlive-bin source package.

You mean, we have

- one source package created after "mv source.tar.bz2
  texlive-bin.orig.tar.bz2", in which we cater ourselves for the binary
  package splitting, and ignore texlive.tlpdb. The binary packages
  contain only executables, pool files if still present, and similar
  things. And there wouldn't be any maintainer scripts (or would they
  need to register triggers for format recreation?)

- one or more source packages created "the traditional way", using
  texlive.tlpdb. Here the bin packages would contain all input and
  configuration files.

> I am trying to invest some time today to make an initial 2009 thingy.

That would be great!

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg