TL2008: Moving Execute actions between source packages (was: Hyphenation in TL2008)

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> modes.mf is in texlive-base, but mf-nowin is defined in
> fmt.d/10texlive-base-bin.cnf.

In texlive.tlpkg, the execute action "AddFormat" comes with
bin-metafont, which naturally ends up in texlive-bin. But modes.mf is in
metafont, which ends up in texlive-base.

I don't think we should move the whole metafont input files to
texlive-bin. Therefore we need a way to move the execute stuff (i.e. the
conffile in fmt.d) from texlive-bin-base in Source package texlive-bin
to texlive-base in source package texlive-base.

There's already code for adding execute statements, and there's code for
blacklisting files (but not special actions). I'll try to have a look,
but any suggestions are welcome.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg