Re: Hyphenation in TL2008

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built TL2008 with tex-common_2.01~2, and installed texlive-base
> and texlive-lang-german.
>
> Works nearly like a charm, except that fmtutil --all (and probably
> update-language) need to be run manually after installing
> tl-lang-german...

Fixed; it works now - but only if the packages are installed one after
the other. Installing texlive-base-bin and texlive-base in one dpkg run
gives an error

(/var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.def
! e-TeX error: language USenglish undefined..
\et@xmsg ...lines =0 \errmessage {e-TeX error: #2}
                                                  \else \message {\n ! e-TeX...

At first sight, this is because the default is always set, even if
there's not content in language.def. I've "fixed" this by checking in
update-fontlang whether anything is included at all.

However, I'm not sure this is the right fix: Shouldn't we prevent
texlive-base-bin from trying to build a format which is only provided by
texlive-base (which is only unpacked but not at all configured at this
time)?  I'm building the next test packages...

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg