Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I have sent out bug reports to all the packages shipping info files
> without dir section.

Thanks.

> I have added a usertag: texinfo-transition from preining@debian.org to
> find these bugs.

It doesn't look like so, the following page is empty:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=preining@debian.org;tag=texinfo-transition

It's the preining@logic.at apparently:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=preining@logic.at;tag=texinfo-transition

> Next is I guess sending bug reports to info browsers that they should
> depend on install-info sooner or later, right?

Yes, (mostly) together with the install-info upload to unstable.

> How do we coordinate uploads to unstable?

We follow the timeline here:
http://wiki.debian.org/Transitions/DpkgToGnuInstallInfo

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/