Re: please test proposed updates on lenny!!

On 10.05.09 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On So, 10 Mai 2009, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

Hi,

> > Unfortunately the submitter did not say *what* has changed in the tfm
> > files. Maybe a special kerning pair was fixed and I have to have that
>
> The baseline differed a small amount, I attached the original email
> to the texlive mailing list.
>
> the LaTeX test suite uncovered a problem with at least one tfm
> file, namely lcircle10.tfm from the latex-fonts package. For
> example, character 27 (O 33) should have these metrics:

OK, here is the new minimal example:

\font\test=lcircle10
\font\testw=lcirclew10
{\test \char33\char27}
{\testw \char33\char27}
\bye

But the generated ps files do not differ before an after the upgrade.
:-(

Finally I checked the md5sums of the tfm files. They're different
after upgrading, but equal after upgrade or fresh install of
proposed-updates. I guess, we don't have to dig into this any
further.

H.
--
It's amazing how much "mature wisdom" resembles being too tired.
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/