Re: please test proposed updates on lenny!!

On 09.05.09 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On Sa, 09 Mai 2009, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

Hi,

> > \font\test=lcircle10
> > \font\testw=lcirclew10
> > {\test test}
> > {\testw test}
> > \bye
> >
> > The generated PS files do not differ after the upgrade to the new
> > version. If you need the install logs call back.
>
> Hmmm... can you please check that the tfm files that are now
> shipped are those taht can be found on CTAN/fonts/latex/ for the
> two fonts?

I've downloaded the tfm files from CTAN; they're identical to these
in your package:

hille@stable:~$ diff lcircle10.tfm /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/tfm/public/latex-fonts/lcircle10.tfm
hille@stable:~$ diff /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/tfm/public/latex-fonts/lcirclew10.tfm lcirclew10.tfm

What makes me wonder: the time stamp of the tfm files on CTAN is
1995-08-14 02:00:

hille@stable:~$ ls -l lcric*
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 hille hille 820 1995-08-14 02:00 lcircle10.tfm
-rw-r--r-- 1 hille hille 820 1995-08-14 02:00 lcirclew10.tfm

hille@stable:~$ dpkg -l texlive-latex-base
|Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:uppercase=bad)
ii  texlive-latex- 2007.dfsg.2-1~ TeX Live: Basic LaTeX packages
hille@stable:~$

> If yes, the the ps files *should* differ slightly between the old
> and new version.

Unfortunately the submitter did not say *what* has changed in the tfm
files. Maybe a special kerning pair was fixed and I have to have that
pair in my test document to see the difference. Will you/should I ask
him?

H.
--
"In short, _N is Richardian if, and only if, _N is not Richardian."
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/