Re: SVN luatex commit: r3830 - in luatex/trunk/debian: . texdoc

Hi Hilmar,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 02:29:54PM +0200, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> On 30.03.09 Jan Hauke Rahm (info@jhr-online.de) wrote:

> > > Well, ermm. I'm sorry! I've added now the changelog entry, one bug
> > > will be closed, upon next upload. The others still need to be fixed.
> >
> > And why would the others still need to be fixed? It's fixed in
> > all/debian/rules.in which is AFAICS used by tpm2deb to build the
> > debian/rules of alle source packages. I still don't get every bit
> > of the packaging process here and thus I might be mistaken but I
> > think this is fixed for the other packages as well.
> >
> I've no clue. I've never built the TL suite myself I simply don't
> know how does it work. Didn't you built the packages? Could you check
> if both bugs are solved.

I've *re*-built the packages which means I downloaded Norbert's TL2008
packages from people.d.o, changed the source format, and rebuilt them.
I did not build them from the svn repo.
AFAICS all bugs are done.

> Regarding #484919: I tried to reproduce it on my unstable box, but
> the built process got stuck at the step
>
> checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
> checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
> checking for msgmerge...
>
> Nothing happens any more for 3 hours. Can you reproduce this?

No, I just did

apt-get source texinfo
cd texinfo-*
mkdir debian/source
echo "3.0 (quilt)" >debian/source/format
dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us

and it built fine. This is not because of Norbert's correction in
rules.in, though, since this is a different source package. texinfo uses
quilt.make from the quilt package in its debian/rules which already
includes the needed test for exit code 2 on quilt push.

Hauke