Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE build tex-common and texlive

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 05:23:15PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Yes, but:
> - get them
> - change the version number in changelog to something a bit higher,
>   add 1 to the debian release, and then ~1 or so.
> - (not needed if you are sure you have installed tex-common 1.18)
>   bump debian/config build-dep on tex-common to 1.18
> - call dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot -b

I'm here right now, still building...

> Then do:
> - put all the debs into one directory, say $HOME/pool
> - put tex-common 1.18 deb there, too
> - cd $HOME
> - call build-infra from texlive-new/trunk/scripts/build-infra with
> 	.../build-infra -p . -nosign pool
>   that generates the necessary release etc files
> - log into a chroot
> - copy the pool directory somewhere there, say ...chroot.../tmp/pool
> - add in the chroot
> 	deb file:/tmp/ pool/
>   to /etc/apt/sources.list
> - call aptitude update

Okay, that would be no problem. I know Debian but TeX...

> Now do some tests:
> - aptitude install texlive-lang-de
>   does latex after this have the de hyphenpatterns

How do I check that?

> - aptitude purge ~texlive tex-common
> - aptitude install texlive-fonts-recommended
>   are the font maps generated AND the updmap.cfg is complete?

Same question.

> - after having installed texlive-fonts-recommended, call aptitude
>   install texlive-fonts-extra and see if the font maps are properly
>   updated

Err...

Hmm...

> Hope that helps as explanation ...

Well :) not really. If it's too hard to explain per mail or whatever you
can call me (You find my phone number in a few seconds as a facebook
message) or I provide you with a ssh login to my machine where you can
do the test when I'm done with building...

Hauke