Re: trigger question for texinfo/install-info

Norbert Preining writes ("Re: trigger question for texinfo/install-info"):
> On Sa, 14 Mär 2009, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > [Norbert:]
> > > 	svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-tex/tex-common/trunk/debian
> >
> > This is indeed more complicated.  I'm not sure I understand it fully
> > but some of the code I see in the postinst.in makes me uneasy.  Do you
> > have an explanation of how it's supposed to work and what the files
> > are for ?
>
> Hehe, that is *really* tricky. I am not sure if I want to explain
> everything, but first if you are interested it would be fine to
> understand the working of dh_installtex. The manpage is quite extensive,
> I am not sure if that is enough for a starting.

I don't have time to do this now but I'll try to take a look at it.
If I don't get back to you, please remind me :-).

> > Also, have you read the section in triggers.txt about error handling ?
>
> Yes I have, but probably not implemented. Do you have anything special
> in mind?

No, not really.  I noticed some error handling code in your postinst
and wondered whether it got all of the cases right etc.  Error
handling is often itself buggy, I find.  So since I didn't have time
or knowledge right then to review your code in detail I thought I
would at least point you to the relevant bit of the specification.

Ian.