Re: trigger question for texinfo/install-info

Norbert Preining writes ("Re: trigger question for texinfo/install-info"):
> On Sa, 14 Mär 2009, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I think that deb-triggers(5) in its current form is not useful.
> > Worse, it is a blind alley because it will appear in search results
> > but not even contain a reference to the full specification.  I have
> > filed a bug asking for it to be removed.
>
> 100% agreed, thanks for filing a bug.

Raphael, on behalf of the dpkg maintainers, does not seem to agree.
See #519717.

> > triggers.txt.gz then didn't that answer your question ?
>
> No, triggers.txt.gz does not mention package.triggers. That is the
> reason I asked you. I did read the stuff.

I don't think triggers.txt.gz (or deb-triggers(5), if it remains)
should mention anything to do with debhelper.  Note that debhelper is
an optional tool used for some (even, many) packages, but is not part
of the core infrastructure.

Where did you look in the debhelper documentation ?

Ian.