Re: tex-common with triggers support

* Norbert Preining [Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:18:45 +0100]:

> Dear all,

> the Debian TeX Team has uploaded tex-common 1.15 to unstable which
> brings triggers support for font maps (calls to updmap-sys) and
> hyphenation patterns (calls to fmtutil-sys --byfmt).

Great. \o/

> Those packages shipping fonts, ie those package calling dh_installtex
> AND having some map files are advised to rebuild with tex-common 1.15
> so that updmap-sys is not called two times (once from the postinst, once
> from the trigger).

Shouldn’t the progress on this be tracked somehow? I’m not sure what
would be best. There could be a mass bug filing using some usertag, but
that may get out of sync if people make an upload without noticing the
bug should be closed with it.

Another option would be a lintian test that warns if the postinst calls
updmap-sys but the package depends on text-common (>= 1.15). This would
give us the benefit of having an always correct list up on lintian.d.o.
I don’t know if this is a fair use of lintian, though, and that’s why
I’m Bcc'ing lintian-maint. (I say I’m not sure if this is a fair use of
lintian becase, as I understand it, a newly rebuilt package would never
trigger the warning, correct?)

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?