Re: "install-info" incompatible between Debian Lenny and TeX Live 2008

Dear Carsten,

On Mi, 25 Feb 2009, Carsten Allefeld wrote:
> The issue is: Both Debian (in the texinfo-Package) and TeX Live ship a
> version of the install-info program. The version from Debian 5.0
> "Lenny" and that from TeX Live 2008 seem to be incompatible. The

That is an old problem and well known, and there are several bug reports
on that. Our aim for the next release is to drop Debian install-info in
favour of GNU install-info.

You can easily see that this problem is well known from the fact that
the Debian texinfo packages installs the GNU install-info as
	/usr/bin/ginstall-info

LISTOWEL (n.)
The small mat on the bar designed to be more absorbent than the bar,
but not as absorbent as your elbows.