Re: texlive-science: add hepnames package?

Dear Andy,

On Do, 22 Jan 2009, Andy Buckley wrote:
> I just noticed that my hepparticles LaTeX package (and a few others)
> have made it into TeXlive, and hence the texlive-science deb. However,
> hepparticles isn't an interface that I would expect many people to use:
> it would be a good idea to also include the hepnames package, which
> provides a pre-defined set of standard particle names. Is that reasonable?
>
> Incidentally, I notice that siunitx, the upgrade to SIunits, is not
> included: again, this would be a useful inclusion to texlive-science.

We as Debian Team just take what TeX Live Upstream ships. In Debian we
are currently shipping TeX Live 2007 which was released some time ago,
thus some of your packages are probably not included, as is the updated
version of siunitx.

I just now checked that upstream TeX Live, that is version 2008 and
later, has the hep* packages and also up2date siunitx. So as soon as we
manage to package TeX Live 2008++ for Debian it will occur there.

Since we are in Debian just before the release of Lenny we cannot upload
new packages which are completely untested. After the release of lenny
with TL2007 we will probably quite soon ship TL2008  (svn version) to
Debian.

Best wishes and thanks for your contribution

KERRY (n.)
The small twist of skin which separated each sausage on a string.