Re: Biblatex

Hi Norbert,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:26:40AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I took a look at the biblatex package: It is all fine and decently
> packages, in fact it is an easy one, but there are things you might
> change because hey are incorrect or not allowed in Debian: You install
> the documentation biblatex.pdf but there is no source for this document.

Thanks and yes, I saw that and I'm in contact with upstream to solve
that.

> *If* you want to upload that one to Debian then you have to:
> - repackage the .orig.tar.gz and remove that file from it, probably best
>   is adding a README referring to biblatex-doc
> - create a package biblatex-doc in nonfree section with only the
>   documentation pdf
> - that package should also link the pdf into the /usr/share/texmf/doc/
>   hierarchy so that texdoc can find it

Thanks for the hints. I'll find a way. :)

> > Additionally I wanted to ask for experiences using a watch file with
> > CTAN. I didn't see a way yet. I'd like to read some lines about that as
> > well.
>
> Well, the problem is that the version is nowhere mentioned on CTAN, like
> in a file biblatex-0.8.1.zip or so. So that is quite hard to do. No idea
> whether there is a different way for it.

Okay, then I need to watch it manually. :-/

> At the end: Please think about Lehman's request not to include biblatex
> until it has reached 1.0. We honored that in TeX Live 2008, so it might
> be wise to honor it in Debian, too.

I talked about that with him and we decided to create and upload this
package to get more users to test it. It' my only tex packe so I'll have
time to solve upcoming problems together with him.

Thanks!
Hauke