Re: unavailable dependencies for texlive-xetex in etch + etch-backports

On Mo, 01 Sep 2008, Frank Küster wrote:
> > and "texlive-common (>= 2007)". The latest available version in either case
> > is from 2005. So since it seems that you can't actually use "texlive-xetex"
> > with etch + etch-backports, why is the package there? Thanks,
>
> I guess this binary package should have been disabled for the
> backport. However, the binary packages of TeXLive are automatically

Wrong. The guidelines for backport.org say clearly that if one can
install packages from testing via pinning they should NOT be backported
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute
 * Reconsider if the package can be installed directly from testing
   without any recompilation and handled via pinning

So please, those who cannot install anything please use pinning on
testing, and everything will work out fine.

TOOTING BEC (n.)
A car behind which one draws up at the traffic lights and hoots at
when the lights go green before realising that the car is parked and
there is no one inside.