Re: Installing luatex causes bugs in texdoc

Norbert Preining a écrit :
> Hmm, can we have fallback behaviour so that the new texdoc accepts also
> the *old* env variables, gives a warning (please use ... instead of ...
> for setting viewers in texdoc).

Yes, I can do that. The only old env var I am aware of are those of texdoc
from tl2007 and Frank's texlua version. If there were other env vars before,
I won't be able to support them just because I can't guess their names :-)

> In Debian? Or where what?

Yes, in Debian. I noticed while using the current Debian lenny version of
texdoc (for testing purposes) with a new luatex from TL'08 in my PATH: it
just breaks.  Since I don't know how frequently you update luatex in Debian,
I preferred warning you.

>> kpse.set_program_name(arg[-1], "texdoc")
>
> You once wrote an email to the tl dev list about doing this in all
> scripts, I didn't reply till now, but please go ahead if you think that
> is the right way.

Yes, I almost forgot. This is indeed the right way (unless you want to
achieve *very* special effects). Moreover, not using arg[-1] as the first
argument breaks also on GNU platforms with newer versions of kpse (while it
used to break only on non-GNU platforms before...)

Manuel.