Re: Another bug in latex-cjk-chinese-arphic

Op 30-07-08 18:03, schreef Norbert Preining:

> happy happy news, the removal of the error catching exhibited another
> problem, fontforge returns something > 0:
> # Create font `gkaiuv' with all vertical glyph representation forms.
> ( cd build/gkai00mp && fontforge -script vertical.pe gkai00mp.ttf gkaiuv)
> Copyright (c) 2000-2008 by George Williams.
>  Executable based on sources from 00:29 GMT 29-Apr-2008.
>  Library based on sources from 20:49 GMT 30-Apr-2008.
> Bad lookup table: format=6, first=65535 total glyphs in font=7764
> No vertical glyph representation forms found.
> make: *** [build-stamp.gkai] Error 1
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
>
> Is this intended?

Hmm, my computer didn't get there yet, but I had hoped the fontforge script
would have bailed out nicely.  [I'll contact the upstream author about this.]
 I will create an extra "*_vertical" variable and put an if clause around
*all* the commands for the vertical stuff.

I'll upload another source package in a few hours.

> (I guess that will be the packages that used up most computing power in
> the world. My laptop has spend already probably some weeks doing this
> "Add extrema" "Simplifying outlines" thingy ;-)))))

Heheh.  Luckily this is arch:all, not arch:any, so that the Debian machines
don't have to each compile this package. :D

I think there is another fontset that will require even more computing power.
 These are the Chinese Ext-A, Ext-B and Ext-C fonts; however, their license
is more than dubious, with some copyrighted material from Microsoft, so it's
impossible to get this to Debian.

Thanks, and give your laptop my regards!

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)

題目:《春日》
作者:程顥(1032-1085)