Re: cjk_4.8.0+git20080522-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi Danai,

On Di, 22 Jul 2008, "Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" wrote:
> Or should I use the proposed format on the Debian wiki at
> http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat ?#

THis is by now way obligatory. So no need.

> > Missing authorship information:
> > SUN Wenchang <sunwch@hotmail.com>
>
> He has contributed code to the project (2004-2008).

fine.

> > Hin-Tak Leung <htl10@users.sourceforge.net>
>
> He has added a document about DNP fonts in 2004.  Document was written in
> 1997 and 1998.

Fine.

> > Copyright (C) 2001-2008  F. Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr>
>
> He has contributed one binary, cjklatex.c, in 2001.  Has released it under
> GPLv2 or higher.

In fact what was missing there is strange to me, because we never
specify *exactely* who has written which file. This is in general quite
impossible.

So now on second reading I don't understand what problem there was with
this line.

> > Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Wonkoo Kim <wkim+@pitt.edu>
>
> He has written bg5latex.cmd, cef5ltx.cmd, ceflatex.cmd, cefsltx.cmd,
> sjisltx.cmd, bg5pltx.cmd, gbklatex.cmd, f_name.bat.  GPLv2 or higher.

Same as above. But fine that you collected that.

etc etc, all looks very detailed and fine with me.

> [I don't think the following names need to be mentioned.  They are part of
> the HBF utilities in the CJK package, but auto-generated.  OTOH, there is
> "install-sh", and ]

install-sh, config.* etc are normally not specified in the copyright
file. There was a recent dicussion on that.

> > Missing authorship and license information:
> >  * Copyright 1993,1994,1995,2005 by Ross Paterson
>
> He wrote utils/hbf2gf/hbf.{c,h}.

I guess what is missing is the license.

> Please comment.  Thanks a lot!

Well, I am not a copyright-zealot, so for me that looks really fine.

Give me the files and I upload I would say. If Mark re-complains we have
to iterate the game.

Stop, one more thing: TO make Mark a bit more happy, please include the
LPPL and the end of the copyright file. You cannot (should not) refert
to any other place than common-licenses.

Thanks.

EPPING (participial vb.)
The futile movements of forefingers and eyebrows used when failing to
attract the attention of waiters and barmen.