Re: cjk_4.8.0+git20080522-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi Norbert e.a.!

Op 09-07-08 00:04, schreef Mark Hymers:

> This package has been rejected because the debian/copyright file is
> incomplete, both in terms of copyright information and license information.

Beneath will find a list of who did what, in reply to Mark Hymers'
(ftpmaster) email outlaying the reasons for the latest rejection of "cjk".  I
have updated my debian/copyright file.  Would you care to take a look at it,
and see if it complies with this list?

Or should I use the proposed format on the Debian wiki at
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat ?

> Missing authorship information:
> SUN Wenchang <sunwch@hotmail.com>

He has contributed code to the project (2004-2008).

> Hin-Tak Leung <htl10@users.sourceforge.net>

He has added a document about DNP fonts in 2004.  Document was written in
1997 and 1998.

> Copyright (C) 2001-2008  F. Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr>

He has contributed one binary, cjklatex.c, in 2001.  Has released it under
GPLv2 or higher.

> Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Wonkoo Kim <wkim+@pitt.edu>

He has written bg5latex.cmd, cef5ltx.cmd, ceflatex.cmd, cefsltx.cmd,
sjisltx.cmd, bg5pltx.cmd, gbklatex.cmd, f_name.bat.  GPLv2 or higher.

> Copyright (C) 1996-2000 Electrotechnical Laboratory, JAPAN.

utils/lisp/emacs/thai-word.el is copyrighted to them, 2000-2004.  Kenichi
HANDA wrote it.  File contains also a license (which?) and is copyrighted to
IBM 1995-2001.

utils/lisp/emacs/cjk-enc.el is written by Handa and Lemberg, copyrighted to
ETL 1996-2000, under the GPLv2 or higher.

utils/lisp/mule-2.3/cjk-enc.el is written by Handa and Lemberg, copyrighted
to ETL 1996, 1998, under the GPLv2 or higher.

> Hartmut Schirmer (hsc@techfak.uni-kiel.de)

He has written "djgpp" support inside emdir.{c,h} in 1997.  Public domain.

Other names that Mark Hymers (ftpmaster) did not mention:

 - Gernot Hassenpflug has contributed three Japanese .fdx files (extended
font definition files).

 - KUO Yi-Liang has written an email with a Chinese HOWTO on emTeX.

 - Fude Yao wrote a HOWTO on how to install TeX in GB.

 - Dominique Unruh wrote some Thai macro declarations (c90enc.def) in 2002
under the LPPL.

 - Eberhard Mattes has written emdir{,dir}.{c,h}, donated to the public domain.

[I don't think the following names need to be mentioned.  They are part of
the HBF utilities in the CJK package, but auto-generated.  OTOH, there is
"install-sh", and ]

 - Noah Friedman has written "utils/hbf2gf/mkinstalldirs", donated to the
public domain in 1993-1994.

 - Per Bothner has written utils/hbf2gf/config.{guess,sub}; copyright to the
FSF.

> Missing authorship and license information:
>  * Copyright 1993,1994,1995,2005 by Ross Paterson

He wrote utils/hbf2gf/hbf.{c,h}.

> # Copyright 1991 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

utils/hbf2gf/install-sh is released under the MIT license.

Please comment.  Thanks a lot!

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)

題目:《暑中雜詠》
作者:蘇舜欽(1008-1048)

嘉果浮沉酒半醺,床頭書冊亂紛紛。
北軒涼吹開疏竹,臥看青天行白云。
This package was Debianized by Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> on
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 05:47:15 -0600.

It was downloaded from
    http://cjk.ffii.org/cjk-current.tar.gz

And the project homepage is

    http://cjk.ffi.org/

Upstream author:
    Werner Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>

With help from:
    Per BOTHNER
    Noah FRIEDMAN
    Kenichi HANDA
    Gernot HASSENPFLUG
    Wonkoo KIM
    Yi-Liang KUO
    Hin-Tak LEUNG
    Eberhard MATTES
    Ross PATERSON
    Fabrice POPINEAU
    Hartmut SCHIRMER
    Wenchang SUN
    Dominique UNRUH
    Fude YAO

Content:
========
1. Copyright of CJK
2. Copyrights of various other files
3. Copyright of Debian adaptions

1. Copyright of CJK
===================

Copyright:

    CJK, A LaTeX2e macro package for CJK (Chinese/Japanese/Korean)
    Copyright (C) 1994-2008  Werner Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301 USA

On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License version
2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'.

2. Copyrights of various other files
====================================

The thaifonts.tar.gz.uu file is an extract from the Thailatex package which
is also released under the GNU General Public Licence version 2 or higher.
You can find the package at
ftp://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/thailatex .

texinput/thai/c90enc.def is written by Dominique Unruh (copyright 2002) and
licensed under the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL).
  On Debian systems, the complete text of the LPPL can be found in
`/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/base/lppl.txt.gz', which is part of
the `texlive-latex-base-doc' package.  You can find it online at
http://www.latex-project.org/lppl/ .

utils/hbf2gf/install-sh is licensed under:
    Copyright 1991 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

    Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
    documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
    the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
    copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
    documentation, and that the name of M.I.T. not be used in advertising or
    publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
    written prior permission.  M.I.T. makes no representations about the
    suitability of this software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is"
    without express or implied warranty.

utils/hbf2gf/hbf.{c,h} are written by Ross Paterson and licensed under:
    Copyright 1993,1994,1995,2005 by Ross Paterson

    modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
    met:

     1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
        notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
     2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
        documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
     3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote
        products derived from this software without specific prior written
        permission.

3. Copyright of Debian adaptions

Copyright (c) (1998-2003) Anthony FOK
Copyright (c) (2003-) Danai SAE-HAN

    The contents of the debian/ directory is released under the GNU
    General Public Licence version 2 or (at your option) any later
    version, unless otherwise explicitly stated in the file in
    question.