Re: Strange FTBFS of ppl

Hi TeX-Maintainers,

You should have received the message I'm herewith elaborating on just a few
minutes ago.

I've been with you because of the font issue, which was indeed resolved by
adding texlive-fonts-recommended.

[...]
> > > Could you please take a short look at
> > > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=ppl&ver=0.9-4&arch=amd64&stamp=1215163252&file=log
> > >
> > > and possibly try to re-schedule ppl for another attempt?
> >
> > It seems to contain:
> > /home/buildd/.dvipsrc: Permission denied
> >

> > While /home doesn't exist on the buildds.  Please avoid writing anything
> > there.
> >

> Sure, I guess I need to forward this one to the TeX maintainers (CC'ed), because
> this is just an artifact of building the PDF documentation.

So, it's not causing an FTBFS (at least I guess this is not the case), but it's
strange anyway: What is trying to read from /home/buildd? It's running pdftex at
that very moment, I think.

Can you do any remote diagnostics on this issue? One warning, though: If you
need further input (and I guess you will), I'll be mostly offline the following
hours and days and might reply no earlier than the 17th.

Thanks for your help,
Michael