Re: Track upstream fixes in Debian?

Hi Hilmar,

On Mi, 30 Apr 2008, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> The last Debian release of TeX Live contains a lot of fixes, which
> should be fixed in upstream. Does anybody track these fixes to make
> sure:

No, I am trying to push upwards (or better apply by myself) things I
changed in the Debian packages, but I didn't do that in all cases,
forgot, lost, whatever.

So if someone wants to go over that it would be really great. I just
don't have the time ATM. Well, I should do it ...

> - the patches in Debian are removed upon packaging the new TL version

That will happen anyway since I have to check that the patches actually
apply, and test them. So new release will bring a re-check of the
patches.

> - these fixes really go to upstream and are fixed there?

That is open ...

DORCHESTER (n.)
A throaty cough by someone else so timed as to obscure the crucial
part of the rather amusing remark you've just made.