[OT] It is getting real: MS Office <-> TeX

You might ask if I am getting crazy, but I have to commit, I am
surprised. On the BachoTeX I saw one guy typing in TeX commands into MS
Office. No, I am not joking. Office 2007 etc has changed completely the
math typesetting capabilities of MS. And you know who helped them? It
was (besides others) DEK! Not surprisingly that many features of TeX are
to be found there. Italic correction, extendable delimiters, script and
script-script style, cramped style, ... you name it, it is there!

All wrapped into an Open Type Math Font and a new layout engine. The
product is surprisingly good. I have to get my hand on it once, but
typing things like
	\int_0^1 ...
in Office is a new experience.

There is a nice booklet "Mathematical Typesetting" from MS, it mentions,
TeX, it mentions Knuth, it mentions Zapf, AMS, ... all there. And it
gives due respect to all these, including TeX  ..
	... and TeX is certain to influence all future developments
	in mathematical typesetting.
Taken straight from the booklet.

Yes, there is a new competitor in town.

TRANTLEMORE (vb.) To make a noise like a train crossing a set of
points.