Re: dvi2ps

Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
Hi all,

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:07:11 +0900 (JST), Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

I've asked an upstream author how he thinks of this issue
and if I get any response, I'll report it here.

I got a reply from the upstream author today.  He said
that he updated dvi2ps so that it uses freetype2 instead
of freetype1 and it seems he prefer to drop support vflib than to move to vflib3.

He forgot to put the new package in the public but now
we can get from the standard ftp site of dvi2ps with version
dvi2ps-4.1j.tar.gz

I think to keep dvi2ps or not in Debian is quite another issue
but I hope this info will help you all.

Regards,   	     	       	   2008-4-20(Sun)

OK folks I have built a package with the 4.1j version on the site. I'm not super familiar with dvi2ps so any chance I could get some testers?

It would also be nice if Ohura could respond. I don't know if I am wasting my time or not? I've made some major changes to the package so it is way beyond and NMU at this point.

I've posted the source package on mentors if anyone is interested: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dvi2ps/dvi2ps_4.1j-0.1.dsc

Thanks,

Barry deFreese