Re: dvi2ps

Ralf Stubner schreef:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 13:40 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> I seem to recall that there are other TeX-related programs that still
>> use freetype1,
>
> ttf2tfm from freetype1-tools?

ttf2tfm indeed; for CJK, you can either create fonts using ttf2tfm
(extremely quick, but only average quality), or using Fontforge
(extremely slow, but fine quality).

However, more importantly, freetype1-tools also provides subfont
definition files (.sfd), and these are required both by ttf2tfm and
Fontforge to create the Chinese files.

So as far as latex-cjk-chinese-arphic and latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab are
concerned, freetype1-tools is still necessary due to the .sfd files.  If
these .sfd files can be repackaged to a slimmed down package, then I
have absolutely no problems with the removal of freetype1 packages.

Best regards

--
Danai