Re: TL 2008, Debian perl scripts and creation of debian/copyright

On So, 20 Apr 2008, Frank Küster wrote:
> I definitely think; if we're honest, we must say that we can expect some
> RC bugs being hidden in the unclear copyright status.

Won't get better with a different format.

> That's correct; however I think if a package has a complicated copyright
> file with a defined format that only allows it to be understood, then it
> better use a format that others use, too.

The format is so damned simple:

% package-name: license (status)
files (with wildcards)

% ...

I guess everyone will understand that.

But let us close this discussion, I am not interested in it. I dont mind
having a machine readable copyright file, and I don't mind having a
copyright file like it is now.

> Well, it would be more because having some coding task along with just
> checking licenses is more fun...

That is the best argument, but there are better things for coding ...
rewriting tpm2deb-source for the new texlive infrastructure ;-)))

> Apropos checking licenses: Do you somehow keep track of license issues?

I am trying to fix all license issues upstream in TeX Live 2008. That is
better. And I keep track on them by sending the authors emails and
asking them for clarification, and removing files when authors don't
answer.

BRUMBY
The fake antique plastic seal on a pretentious whisky bottle.