dvi2ps

Hi folks,

dvi2ps is the last hold-out to drop vflib2. I have created a patch to make dvi2ps use vflib3 (which needs more testing from someone more knowledgeable than me).

However, dvi2ps also has an RC bug as it still uses freetype1. I have worked on this quite a bit and not even the freetype folks seem to be able to help me much.

texlive-base-bin has dvips. Is that a sufficient replacement for dvi2ps? Should dvi2ps just be removed? It's only rdepends are the dvi2ps-fontdata packages, of which dvi2ps-fontdata-ja seems to be the most widely used. Is dvipsk-ja a decent replacement for that?

Does anyone have any opinions? I'm happy to help wherever I can but I would like to at least get vflib2 dropped.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese