Re: CrossTeX

Op 01-02-08 05:08, schreef Robert Burgess:

>> You've read and followed the TeX Policy which is in the
>> tex-common package?
>>
> I hadn't, but just took a look at it; thank you for pointing it out so
> that I can be sure I follow it.  I guess what confuses me the most is
> that CrossTeX is written in Python, and all of the information I can
> find assumes that everything about TeX is either in TeX macros itself or
> possibly C---what do I need to do about my Python library and script
> placement?

Check out http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/
and make sure you also follow the guidelines in
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ ,
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ and possibly
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/debian-emacs-policy if the
package provides an Emacs Lisp script.

To start, I would use "Alioth" first to test your package, and invite other
people to add your public APT repository to their own sources.list.  Alioth
is a platform where you can upload your test packages and add the
"Sources.gz" and "Packages.gz" files that were created resp. with
dpkg-scansources and dpkg-scanpackages.

Subscribe at http://alioth.debian.org/ to get a guest account.

HTH

--